cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Question on Density and Mass display on Creo

fd-2
2-Guest

Question on Density and Mass display on Creo

Hello, I have a basic question on displaying mass and density in Creo.  Can change the default unit of mass to Kg when we measure it.  Please see attached file for the details. Even when I change the mass / Density units to Kg / Kg/mm3, but when we measure it on the part level, we still get them in Tonnn / mm3.  Does Creo allow this to be modified to the unit that we want, like Kg/mm3 or gm/cm3 etc..

I am sure there is may be some answer out there for this question, but I could not get access to it.  Creo version is 4.0

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:fd-2)

Are you actually changing the units in the part? If I change the units in the part, it also changes the units in the mass properties dialogs.

Are you pushing "SET" kn the units manager when you change the units?

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
StephenW
23-Emerald II

Are you actually changing the units in the part? If I change the units in the part, it also changes the units in the mass properties dialogs.

Are you pushing "SET" kn the units manager when you change the units?

Stephen, Thanks for reply, It solved my question.  When I set this to MKS, I am getting the mass in Kg.

STEVEG
21-Topaz I

Since Stephen answered your question can you mark it as the correct answer?

Pieface
6-Contributor

You can enter the relationship MASS_KG3 = PRO_MP_MASS*1000 if converting from TONNES.

It is suggested to run the Model Player and regenerate the features.  This is not a finite requirement but ensures model properties are re-calculated.

I have a part that is KG so I am going in reverse with the conversion:

KG to TONNES.JPG

TomU
23-Emerald IV

One other thing to point out.  The units will display based on the active model.  If a part is active, the units will reflect how that part is set.  If the assembly is active then everything will display based on that assembly's setting (regardless of how the parts are set.)

Tmetcalf
Emeritus

Good day Firoz,

I am glad you were able to find a solution with PTC Community!

As Steve Galayda‌ requested, would you please make Stephen Williams‌ answer as correct?

Doing so makes the information easier for others to find.

Thank you,

Toby

Top Tags