cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Raised text on non-planar surfaces

rpreliasco
5-Regular Member

Raised text on non-planar surfaces

I want to create raised or recessed text on non-planar surfaces. I did some searching and found this tutorial:

http://www.ptc.com/cs/cs_27/howto/bgf64/bgf64.htm

However this was written for WF4, and when I tried to follow it in Creo I hit a snag in step 3 when it says "in Sketcher, click Loop" and shows an icon that I can't find. Is there an updated procedure?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DavorGranic
14-Alexandrite
(To:rpreliasco)

4 REPLIES 4
DavorGranic
14-Alexandrite

Richard hope this helps...

Video Link : 2712

rpreliasco
5-Regular Member
(To:DavorGranic)

Thanks for the quick reply and the great video, I got busy and just got a chance to try it out. i am having a problem with the text sketch; I can create the letters but as soon as I click done the text disappears and can't be picked. In your example the letters stay visible. Is there some setting I need to change?

DavorGranic
14-Alexandrite

So sketch with letters just disapear when you click done?

Check layers, maybe layer that holds all sketches is set to be hidden.

rpreliasco
5-Regular Member
(To:DavorGranic)

The sketches are on a layer called "03__PRT_ALL_CURVES" and the layer is not hidden, so they should be visible, correct?

Edit: I found the solution. File -> Options -> Model Display -> Show datum curve features

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags