cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Re-using a preload step

346gnu
12-Amethyst

Re-using a preload step

Hi,

Take a bolted structure with fasteners preloaded and then subjected to many loadcases.

Contact interfaces making the problem non-linear. Using SPA. No changes to geometry and mesh re-used.

The first part of the calculation for each loadcase is identical.

Is there a way of re-using the solution to pass1?

This would better than halve the time. Studies I have just completed are 4 hours elapsed each.

Thanks

Charles

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Unfortunately, no; you'll have to re-run the preload phase for each different load case you want to look at.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
346gnu
12-Amethyst
(To:346gnu)

Hi Steven,

I thought that too. My SPA studies reach 6/7th order with the majority of the time (75% or there abouts) on Pass1 where the edge orders are all 3. Wouldn't increasing all edges to 7th order would make it much slower? I shall try it later and surprise myself. Besides, I can't anticipate all areas where the edges need to be a higher order for any particular load case.

We used to have a 'restart' function for MPA but not to select different loads before restarting; only changing plotting grids, max p-level, output tab checks and some others I never used.

We lost the restart function for MPA sometime ago. It's not even a mecbatch option that I've found.

I know SPA doesn't write intermediate results to disk like MPA.

Thanks

346gnu
12-Amethyst
(To:346gnu)

Steven,

No, this model cannot be shared.

Any trivial contact model will do to illustrate; fasteners are optional.

Thanks

Unfortunately, no; you'll have to re-run the preload phase for each different load case you want to look at.

346gnu
12-Amethyst
(To:sdensberger)

Thanks for your confirmation Shaun.

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags