cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Reattach Leader to note - automatically snaps to perpendicular

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

Reattach Leader to note - automatically snaps to perpendicular

Using Creo 9.0.5.0.

While adding a leader to an orphaned note, the leader automatically want to snap to either perpendicular to the surface to which it is being attached or to a line that it is crossing.

While hoovering close to the edge/object the leader is on an angle (it does have a little perpendicular symbol in a circle) but as soon as the mouse is clicked on the edge it snaps to perpendicular.

Actually as soon as I click on add a leader, this "helpful" little feature shows up.

How do I turn this "helpful" feature off?   {Thanks for the help   🙂  }

Dale_Rosema_0-1691759299769.png

Dale_Rosema_3-1691759414576.png

5 REPLIES 5
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:Dale_Rosema)

Current work around is to re-create the note and the "helpful" little feature does not show up.

'Sup Dale!

Yeah, that is maddening.  I usually just delete the note or whatever and start again.  It's like, they make a change , NEVER actually test it out (likely because the code-jockeys can't actually USE the software), and then tout it as an "Enhancement!".  Adding this to your config.pro is about the best you can do:  annotation_snap_to_guide_range off

Best of luck!

F

Hi,

according to https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS272490 article ... 

• Starting from Creo Parametric 4.0 M130, Creo 6.0.5.0 and Creo 7.0.1.0, it is possible to turn On or Off snapping to guides
    • Check Box Snap To Guides option is available
      • For MBD, this option is located under the Annotate Tab > Annotation sub group 
      • For Drawing, this option is located under Annotate tab > Annotation group and also under Table tab > Balloons group

Martin Hanák
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:MartinHanak)

Is this setting drawing specific?

I had another drawing in the same family that didn't show the perpendicular snap feature.

Hi,

I wouldn't expect it to be drawing specific.

Martin Hanák
Top Tags