cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Rectangular Datum Target Area Hatching Not Turning

OldNorthState
12-Amethyst

Rectangular Datum Target Area Hatching Not Turning

Hello All,

I have a rectangular datum target annotation that is set at an angle parallel with the geometry. The CAD model in the attached picture is correct, but when I go to my 2D drawing the hatched area shows up horizontal and not parallel to the geometry. The views between the CAD and 2D are simply flipped in my images. ...Has anyone else come across this before or know of a possible solution for this issue?

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

BTW, this is in Creo 4.0

UPDATE:

My employer's internal CAD and drawing approvers have checked with other designers within the organization and have found no solution within the software for this so they are creating a help ticket with PTC. In the meantime my approvals department has agreed to let me fudge it as I had hoped by use of an unrelated cosmetic sketch or sketch within the drawing. I will try to follow up here if PTC provides any kind of answer.

It's difficult to help if you don't put the version of Creo in the post.  I'm on Creo 4, so, if it's anything above that anything I would suggest might not work.

Is this a datum curve or cosmetic?  I HATE cosmetic features, except for cosmetic threads, and avoid them like the plague, datum curves are FAR more robust.  I'd try that if what you have is a cosmetic sketch.

Hello @Patriot_1776 ,

This is in Creo 4.

The datum target hatched area is generated automatically in the model via the datum target annotation tool, based on your selection of the target area shape and the size of that shape that you input. The datum target annotation is a model based 'definition' that is attached to a datum point on the model and the target balloon annotation resides as a subcomponent of it's parent datum (plane) annotation within the feature tree.

The approved work-around by my employer would simply be a cosmetic sketch feature within the model, or a sketch within the drawing.

I'd use a datum curve, and put it on it's own layer.  That way you can show it in whatever views on the dwg you want, and hide it in the model.  I don't like or use model-based info that SHOULD be on the dwg.

Top Tags