cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Rectangular Fill Pattern Capability

rtamaira
1-Newbie

Rectangular Fill Pattern Capability

I am trying to fill an area defined by a circle with a repeated component in an assembly. I would like to use the square fill pattern tool to do this. The diameter of the circle is driven by a relation and it is not static, so the fill function seems to be the best choice rather than dimension or direction patterning. The problem is that I need different spacing in each planar direction. I've looked at previous discussion threads and the issue was not solved. I've tried all the patterning tricks I know, and I cannot get the fill pattern I need.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

At some point, I thought PTC committed to more fill pattern patterns.

However, your option is easy to achieve with if/then statements in relations. Your X and Y values can be driven based on your circle diameter ranges.

But... there is a way to make rectangular fills in a Pro|WorkAround^tm fashion. It requires a bit of triangulation math, but you can make the pattern angled to the actual fill.

This is a limited capability and may require significant manipulation where the end result is a point driven pattern where they intersect a fill patterned feature and a plane.

As for the assembly pattern. I recommend to calculate all the coords of each of the component by yourself and use a table pattern.

That way your assembly will be much more flexible in case you are gonna have a child-objects dependent on the pattern members.

Top Tags