cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

References

GrahameWard
5-Regular Member

References

Anyone ever got this message? (I will try to attach a pic to the next post because this stupid forum won't let me at the moment). I am in Edit Definition for an extruded feature with a simple rectangular sketch. 3 sides of the rectangle are Use Edge and the 4th is Offset Edge. The references have been lost because of a change to the parent part. I have the option to Update one reference and Replace the other two. It seems straightforward but I can’t close the References dialogue box even though I have updated or replaced the references. If however I delete them so there are no references then I can close the box. Of course then I have go back to the references box or to the constraints menu to constrain my geometry. This makes “Replace� in the references dialogue box pretty much redundant.
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3
GrahameWard
5-Regular Member
(To:GrahameWard)

What does this mean? "Could not access ftp directory: '/opt/d00/content/download/docs/forums/thumbs'. Please check your FTP Settings." I'm getting pretty mad at computers right now. And it's only 9.30 a.m.
GrahameWard
5-Regular Member

Who's the moderator for this group?
GrahameWard
5-Regular Member

I will try this with a link, seeing as I can't seem to post directly. Let's start again. Anyone ever got this message? (I will try to attach a pic to the next post because this stupid forum won't let me at the moment). I am in Edit Definition for an extruded feature with a simple rectangular sketch. 3 sides of the rectangle are Use Edge and the 4th is Offset Edge. The references have been lost because of a change to the parent part. I have the option to Update one reference and Replace the other two. It seems straightforward but I can’t close the References dialogue box even though I have updated or replaced the references. If however I delete them so there are no references then I can close the box. Of course then I have go back to the references box or to the constraints menu to constrain my geometry. This makes “Replace� in the references dialogue box pretty much redundant.
Top Tags