cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Regeneration

CF_10462504
2-Guest

Regeneration

I have been having an issue with regeneration of only certain assemblies.

For some reason whenever I activate a window of a large assembly that my coworker created in a folder it has long regeneration times (it doesn't do the same for him). But when I open an even larger assembly created in another folder, that has similar components, the regeneration time is instant. Does anyone know what could possibly be causing this? 

12 REPLIES 12

Please specify which version of the program you are using.

Creo 8.0.2.0

@CF_10462504 wrote:

I have been having an issue with regeneration of only certain assemblies.

For some reason whenever I activate a window of a large assembly that my coworker created in a folder it has long regeneration times (it doesn't do the same for him). But when I open an even larger assembly created in another folder, that has similar components, the regeneration time is instant. Does anyone know what could possibly be causing this? 

Hi,

you can do following test.

• start Creo
  • open problematic assembly
  • create new empty directory on local disc ... eg. C:\Users\Public\Documents\mytest
  • backup problematic assembly into C:\Users\Public\Documents\mytest
  • exit Creo
  • start Creo
  • open problematic assembly from C:\Users\Public\Documents\mytest
  • regenerate ... how does regeneration behave?

Martin Hanák

Do you know why it seems like the simplified reps are having the issues with regeneration but not the master?

@CF_10462504 wrote:

Do you know why it seems like the simplified reps are having the issues with regeneration but not the master?

Hi,

please do a local test and publish the results. Maybe some temporary data are created during regeneration and this is the root of "long time" regeneration problem when working with data saved on network drive.

Martin Hanák

Unfortunately my company does not allow me the permissions to save an assembly locally to be able to do this 

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:CF_10462504)

@CF_10462504 wrote:

Unfortunately my company does not allow me the permissions to save an assembly locally to be able to do this 

Just out of curiosity, how are they doing this?  Does Creo not allow you access to those commands, or is it somehow prevented from writing files to your local computer?  Thanks.

They prevent us from saving creo files to our local drive- it is limited to windchill only 

StephenW
23-Emerald II

This sounds like a windchill cache issue, possibly corrupted cache.

Make a completely new workspace, add the assy to the new workspace. Open from the new workspace.

A simplified rep shouldn't slow regen. If the assembly has lots of circular references or lots of reference are not in memory due to the rep, maybe that's a problem. I simply try to avoid a lot of assembly references and try to correct circular references when possible.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

They physically block you from creating files on your computer?  Where do temp files created by Creo go, like the *.m_p or any *.crc files? These are not written to Windchill nut your local hard disk.

Do you have a Documents folder where you write reports in or the start in folder of Creo where you can have a local config.pro file? If you have these do a backup of the Creo to a new folder in one of those locations and then open it from there. Testing purposes only, delete the folder and all testing files when done.

@CF_10462504 wrote:

Hi,

you can look into trail files and compare their contents.

trail from your PC versus trail from PC of your colleague

If you upload these files I can compare them in Notepad++.

Martin Hanák

It seems like it's actually the simplified reps that are my issue- the master rep regenerates quickly. 

Top Tags