cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Rendering for Beginners?

anegi
5-Regular Member

Rendering for Beginners?

Can Any One explain the process for a successful rendering?

12 REPLIES 12

Hi Alay

Check this video How to Render with Creo - YouTube

mbonka
15-Moonstone
(To:anegi)

Hello ajay negi

it´s not so easy explain process for successful rendering. It´s highly subjective.

Some interersting links:

Creo Tutorial: How to... ADVANCED RENDERING with PTC Creo Parametric 2.0 - YouTube

ProE and Creo Tutorials| 4K Side

Skilled render users:

CAMILO PARRA

Vladimir Palffy

Rendering is time consuming... much more when you are learning.

Regards

Milan Bonka

anegi
5-Regular Member
(To:mbonka)

Thanks.

But these videos r not for beginners.

They does not explain any thing on use of various lights etc.

mbonka
15-Moonstone

It´s not so easy to describe whole word...

Learning advanced rendering is time consuming activity and the result is enough subjective...

Try to see the word around you... what happen if you light an item with bulb or lamp? What´s the shadow, reflectivity etc...

----------

Rendering is mathematical describtion of real word...

Maybe try to learn something about basics photography method... it helped me.

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II

Hi,

I have heard that in Creo Parametric 4.0 "old" rendering engine will be replaced by Keyshot engine. Therefore I think it does not make any sense to learn "old" rendering. Also Photolux rendering is not included in basic Creo license.

MH

Martin Hanák
anegi
5-Regular Member
(To:MartinHanak)

actually i am using Creo 3.0

mbonka
15-Moonstone

As MartinHanak sad: Using "old rendering" is lost of time. Ration between results and time spent to set everything is very low.

Best results you will get from Advanced rendering extension (ARX) - Photolux. This modul isn´t included in basic Foundation licence (don´t know how is it in stundent version).

ARX is separate modul provided by PTC.

Try to ask if you can obtain ARX licence for free . If not, PTC provide 1 month testing licence for actual users (try to ask your PTC provider).

Regards

Milan

Just recently purchased the Keyshot program.  Very impressed with the ease of use and results.  Can get impressive renderings in minutes that could not get with the default Creo rendering module.  Keyshot also has a plugin for Creo that allows it work interactively.  Can also try out a demo of Keyshot from their website.

mbonka
15-Moonstone
(To:MartinHanak)

Have heard the same... Keyshot will be "implemented" in Creo 4.0

bbrejcha
12-Amethyst

We at Designengine teach one week rendering workshops for both Maya and Alias Studio among other classes.     We often tell the participants in our class that they should take a photography class before or after our render wee because the principals for creating realistic renders are all with respect to a  Pentax K1000 - Wikipedia

I suggest starting there because you are realy playing until you master the basic principals of taking a shot.  For example, every photographer knows to frame a chair or couch you use a lens over 135mm so and to photograph a flower you use a 35mm lens   We have similar settings in Creo to frame an object.

Unfortunately we don't have all the cool render tools for rendering in Creo like we might want for experts....  you can imagine I push the developers tho. Creo render is much better than in the past however and for that I don't get beat up so bad when trying to push SW users learn Creo (my job most of the time is managing attitudes LOL) With the limitations we cant do a one week class in these tools but a product photography class will certainly help.  For the record Maya was crated for the render and animation for the Jurassic park movie is used on absolutely every movie sense.  For your information Maya uses a subset render tool cal Mental Ray and that is the same subset we use in Creo.

The cool new effect we get from utilizing mental ray is that we can place procedural map textures across and they like a parametric part are parameter-rized appropriately across nurbs surfaces.  With that said we can also map decals that cross the nurbs surface.  Couldn't do that in Wildfire.    Also for your information SW is not significantly better or easier to learn.  I get asked that a lot.  SW does have better set of library textures which makes it harder for beginners to whip up a novice render.

Bart Brejcha

Design-engine.com

VladimirPalffy
13-Aquamarine

Hi all - here is the link to my new Creo Advanced Rendering tutorials - maybe it will be helpful

Creo Advanced Rendering video tutorials

BR, Vladimir

Best Regards,
Vladimir Palffy

hello anegi

Here's a render sample model in creo 3.0

Creo rendering |ExtruDesign| - YouTube

Regards,
Sundar Dannana
Mechanical Engineer,
ExtruDesign.com.
Top Tags