cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Repeat Region Relations, Renaming Part Number

bwudtke
10-Marble

Repeat Region Relations, Renaming Part Number

PTC Community,

I need some help with something I am trying to accomplish on my drawing. Below I have what is my assembly number 34-096-01.asm. What I would like to do in my repeat region is to take this number and REPLACE my "-" with a "space." Can someone help me?

Currently

12-10-2014+7-25-36+AM.bmp

What I would like.

12-10-2014+7-25-36+AM.bmp

I started out my Repeat region relations, I think what I have to do is make a parameter in my region that has a "space" in it, but if someone has a different way to do it, I would like some help.

What I have below is what I started... where I have put "-------" I am having trouble figuring out what to put in there.

IF search (asm_mbr_name,"-") == 0 /*Search for an Dash in the part name

partnum = asm_mbr_name

ELSE

partnum = extract(asm_mbr_name,1, search (asm_mbr_name,"-") -------) /* If name has an Dash, then replace with space.

endif

/* END - part name

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2
bwudtke
10-Marble
(To:bwudtke)

Another thing I would like to point out is if I could just do something saying character 3 and 7 to = " "

Gucio
14-Alexandrite
(To:bwudtke)

I think, it is very similar to my answer in http://communities.ptc.com/message/240198#240198

please look at it. If you still have problem -let me know

Regards

gucio

Krzysztof
Top Tags