cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Report a parts parent part number on a table Creo 7.0

awilson-2
4-Participant

Report a parts parent part number on a table Creo 7.0

Hello all.. I am in the process of exporting all of my assembly bills of materials to an MRP system. this system requires the BOM format to report the part number and its parent part number.

Reporting the part number is easy... creating an indented BOM with level is easy... is there any way to create a column next to a part and report its parent?

Thanks all.

Aaron

5 REPLIES 5

@awilson-2 wrote:

Hello all.. I am in the process of exporting all of my assembly bills of materials to an MRP system. this system requires the BOM format to report the part number and its parent part number.

Reporting the part number is easy... creating an indented BOM with level is easy... is there any way to create a column next to a part and report its parent?

Thanks all.

Aaron

Hi,

I do not understand what is parent part number. Do you mean parent assembly number ?

I think Creo is not able to create repeat region satisfying your needs. I guess you have to export the contents of repeat region into text file and then process its contents (and add requested "column") using specially developed application.

Martin Hanák
awilson-2
4-Participant
(To:MartinHanak)

Currently my BOM reports asm.mbr.PN for every part. I wish to have the BOM report the PN of its parent in a separate column. I can do this manually in excel by exporting a CSV, but I have hundreds of BOMs to import into the MRP system. I am looking for something a little less manual. All the MRP system cares about it a part number (name) and its parents part number (name). it does not need any other level or structure.

Aaron

@awilson-2 wrote:

Currently my BOM reports asm.mbr.PN for every part. I wish to have the BOM report the PN of its parent in a separate column. I can do this manually in excel by exporting a CSV, but I have hundreds of BOMs to import into the MRP system. I am looking for something a little less manual. All the MRP system cares about it a part number (name) and its parents part number (name). it does not need any other level or structure.

Aaron

Hi,

please explain the term its parents part number (name) ... and provide some example.

Martin Hanák

If you have two different assemblies which both use the same part...

...which part number do you want to display as the "parent part number"?

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:awilson-2)

Creo parts/assemblies do not track where they are used.

You could add a column to your BOM table to include the assembly name. But that doesn't work with indented BOMs

&asm.name

Maybe once you get the data in to excel, you could easily manipulate it to find the indented parent??

Top Tags