cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Restore Default Explode to Original Unexploded State?

Nstig8r
3-Visitor

Restore Default Explode to Original Unexploded State?

Is this possible?  I somehow was thinking I was editing one of my exploded views, but I was actually editing the default view and accidentally changed/saved it.  

Can a component(s) be moved back to its original, unexploded position?  

Now, every new exploded view I create starts off with the wrong, default explode....

6 REPLIES 6
kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:Nstig8r)

You can select the parts in the properties view of the Default explode and press remove to put those parts back to the default location.

kdirth_0-1635360774254.png

There is always more to learn in Creo.
Nstig8r
3-Visitor
(To:kdirth)

Unfortunately, there is nothing listed there under properties.  If I turn off the toggle for the explode, the part goes back to its correct position.  If I create a new explode, the new explode is based on the default explode, which has the part in the incorrect spot...

KenFarley
21-Topaz I

Sure, I think you can, unless I'm misunderstanding your situation.

Click on "Manage Views".

Click on the Explode tab.

If "Exploded View" is active, leave it that way, if not, click it to explode the view.

Click "Edit Position".

Pick the offending component(s).

Click the little "Toggle exploded state..." icon (looks like two small blocks next to a larger box).

This should put the component(s) back in their unexploded positions.

Click the checkmark icon (meaning you're done editing positions.

Right click on "Default Explode" and hit "Save".

Make sure "Default Explode" is the one you are saving, hit "OK"

When it warns you, hit "Update Default" and you're done.

@KenFarley wrote:

Click the little "Toggle exploded state..." icon (looks like two small blocks next to a larger box).

This should put the component(s) back in their unexploded positions.

Yeah, this is where it does not move back to the unexploded position.  I assume this is because the "default explode" is saved incorrectly...

KenFarley
21-Topaz I

Are you sure you have that particular component fully constrained? The toggle exploded state button is an on/off thing. The unexploded state is not the default explode state, it's what you defined to place the component in the assembly.

Nstig8r
3-Visitor

OK, a followup...  I figured out more of what is going on, and believe it to be a glitch in Creo (running 6.0.6.0).  There are user-defined representations of parts that are in a sub-assembly of an assembly. 

- If I remove the user-defined representations (just using the master rep) of said parts, I can create an exploded views everything works fine -  I can unexplode and reexplode the view whenever I want.  

- If I keep the user-defined representations, I can create the explode and everything works fine UNTIL I unexplode and then reexplode the assembly.  When it reexplodes, the user-defined parts move to a seemingly random part of the assembly, and stay there - you cannot "unexplode" that particular user-defined part.

As a work around, I simply created a new explode with the parts in the desired user-defined representation, never unexploded the assembly, made the drawing I needed, and saved it.  I'm sure if I have to make the drawing again, I will have to recreate the explode again, but fortunately the explode is fairly simple for the main assembly.  

Top Tags