cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Revolving Object

Matt0198
4-Participant

Revolving Object

Hey guys I'm somewhat experienced in Creo but I haven't used the program in a year or so.  I've created a stent design that I would like to revolve in order to create the cylindrical shape, but I can't.  When I try to revolve the surface, it tells me that there are no geometric entities in the area or something like that.  I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong because I am setting an axis of rotation as well.  Any help would be appreciated.  I'll attach the part file as well.

6 REPLIES 6

Hi,

your model is created in educational Creo version. It is not possible to open it in commercial Creo version.

Martin Hanák
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:Matt0198)

Posting a screenshot may help if we can't open the model.

Only thing I can think of is all sketch entities have to be on the same side of the axis of rotation.

@Matt0198

If you are trying to get the results as in image from Actual, you can use Toroidal Bend. There are many videos available for this feature... one of them is at 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qsL7nGbxsM

TB.jpg

Where would I be able to find this tool in Creo 5?

@Matt0198

It is available in Model Tab > Engineering drop down 

TB2.jpg

You could, but unless you're bending it in 2 directions, I'd use a spinal bend of a flat surface, THEN add a thickness to it.

Top Tags