cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Swept Blend

Costantza
6-Contributor

Swept Blend

Hello,

I have an extrude inside a box (like a mold). Is it possible to surround this extrude with the Swept Blend function and then remove the material around it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:Costantza)

You are going to have to include and image or and example of what you are trying to do. It is not clear from your description what you need.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Costantza
6-Contributor

I have this mold and I am trying to remove the material around it as much as I can (so I will not have a lot of wasted material). I am now trying to achieve this with the Swept Blend function, but when I am trying it, it removes only the inside material and not the one around. How can I do that?

StephenW
23-Emerald II

You are going to have to include and image or and example of what you are trying to do. It is not clear from your description what you need.

Costantza
6-Contributor
(To:StephenW)

Sorry, maybe something went wrong when I was uploading the file. I hope this time to upload it correctly

StephenW
23-Emerald II

Yes it work. It is a Creo 5 file and I haven't installed Creo 5 yet. Hopefully someone else will be able to help.

Are you talking about trying to be left with the core and cavity like in mold design?

I don't think the Swept Blend will get you what you want because you will need some trajectory and it will interpolate between sections.

Is this an assembly? Because if it's a part, why don't you turn the extrude into a cut?

You could also select the surfaces that form the extrude, copy and paste to make a quilt, and then solidify or thicken the quilt depending on your intent.

Dave Martin - dmartin@creowindchill.com - https://www.mcaeconsulting.com
Top Tags