cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Running Wildfire 4 & Intralink 3.4 under Windows 7

JWayman
1-Newbie

Running Wildfire 4 & Intralink 3.4 under Windows 7

Hello,

I have been speaking to a number of interested parties for more than a year now, and I have gained the firm impression that when we change the whole company to Windows 7, our Pro/Intralink 3.4M062 and Pro/Engineer Wildfire 4 M220 setup will not run.

We did some tests here and could not get the Intralink setup program to run at all.

Now, looking on this forum, I seem to be reading that it is possible to make it work.

What is the position?

Have you any experience of running this software combination?

Is there a penalty for running it?

Did you have to jump through any hoops (Pro/Workaround) to make it work?

Is it worth the risk, or should I be pushing to migrate to PDMLink & Creo 2 - and swallow the tens of thousands of pounds cost for what seems to me to be no quantifiable benefit?

Is there even a definitive answer?

PTC Support website is no help, as far as my searches show.

Regards,

John

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1
StuartHarvey
6-Contributor
(To:JWayman)

See Lawrence Srutkowski post

http://portal.ptcuser.org/p/fo/st/topic=3&post=92214#p92214

In summary, set javaw.exe into Vista compatibility mode (not Vista SP1, or Vista SP2).  I have successfully launched the INTRALINK 3.4 M062 client on Win 7 x64.

Top Tags