cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

STEP Export Need an option to remove username

luisPEREIRA
11-Garnet

STEP Export Need an option to remove username

STEP export process extract author on step file according to ISO 10303-21 standard, to be compliant to General data protection regulation (GDPR) standard we need an option to customize to set its value as anonymous.

Thank you

Example, on ligne 4, the FILE_NAME attribute has the "Author"
ISO-10303-21;
HEADER;
FILE_DESCRIPTION((''),'2;1');
FILE_NAME('TMPxxxxx','2020-08-24T11:48:24',('Author'),(''),
'CREO PARAMETRIC BY PTC INC, 2019164','CREO PARAMETRIC BY PTC INC, 2019164','');
FILE_SCHEMA((
'AP242_MANAGED_MODEL_BASED_3D_ENGINEERING_MIM_LF { 1 0 10303 442 1 1 4 }'));
ENDSEC;
DATA;
#26...

4 REPLIES 4

@luisPEREIRA wrote:

STEP export process extract author on step file according to ISO 10303-21 standard, to be compliant to General data protection regulation (GDPR) standard we need an option to customize to set its value as anonymous.

Thank you

Example, on ligne 4, the FILE_NAME attribute has the "Author"
ISO-10303-21;
HEADER;
FILE_DESCRIPTION((''),'2;1');
FILE_NAME('TMPxxxxx','2020-08-24T11:48:24',('Author'),(''),
'CREO PARAMETRIC BY PTC INC, 2019164','CREO PARAMETRIC BY PTC INC, 2019164','');
FILE_SCHEMA((
'AP242_MANAGED_MODEL_BASED_3D_ENGINEERING_MIM_LF { 1 0 10303 442 1 1 4 }'));
ENDSEC;
DATA;
#26...

Hi,

my suggestions follow:

• contact PTC Support and discuss your request with them ... they will probably tell you that requested functionality is not implemented
  • create Enhancement Request ... this will enable other users to vote for adding new functionality
  • to solve your problem immediatelly, develop script/application which removes user name from line no.4

Martin Hanák

Hi Martin,

Thank you for your feedback. 

• Correct, PTC support answered me that the export respect ISO standard specification ;
  • I created a Enhancement Request ;
  • We will see how to do it with our IT development team.

Thank you

Regards

Luis

A trick that might be able to do what you want would be to figure out which environment variable Creo is using to set that Author field. You can then set that variable to ANONYMOUS before starting Creo and it should put out the data you are looking for.

At least, it sounds simple to me, I have no idea how to figure out where Creo is getting that particular bit of data.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:luisPEREIRA)

That name is coming from the user who is doing the export.

In my case it is my system username, not my WIndchill user name.

Create a new Windows User named Step_Export and use that account for all of your STEP transfers. Might be an extra step, but will allow you to control the name in the STEP file.

An alternative would be to edit the STEP file and change or erase the Author name. I don't see anything that would prevent that. Replacing the Author's name and you will need to be careful of the line limits of the file structure and where the lines wrap.

Top Tags