cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Scanned part

PeterBrown
1-Newbie

Scanned part

Hola, I had an old part 3D scanned by an outside source. They sent me a ProE file, with features. However, I am not satisfied with how one of the basic elements was modeled, it does not appear accurate. The initial import feature in the model tree is hundreds of curves. Is there any way I can make a surface or solidify this myself? TIA
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Peter While you can use existing curves for driving surfaces, I will give you a process I found that worked better for building a model based on scanned models. The process I used was to make a new empty model and assemble into a assembly. Then I assembled the scanned model into this new assembly. I would build features independent of the scanned model, but verified the features using the assembly. Now my model tree is clean and not dependent on the scanned modeling. I'm sure some other users have other tricks, but this provides the cleanest model. Good luck Eric

I understand you must be having the basic Scanned geometry to work around.Import just the scanned geometry and later create curves per your choice. One thing I would like to add the time factor since it depends how much time you can invest in redefining the models ... -Chander.
Top Tags