cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Seciton NOT Showing up in Drawing

NEALROSENBLUM
1-Newbie

Seciton NOT Showing up in Drawing

Hey Everybody,

I created a cross section of an assembly in Wildfire 5.0, M060.  I am able to view the cross section in assembly mode, but when I show the section in drawing mode on a drawing sheet, the cross section does not show.  No xhatching, no nothing!!!.  I have exited Pro|E, restarted my computer, reoriented the view, flipped the section direction, etc....NOTHING WORKS!!!  I have even recreated the view and the same occurs with the new view.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

TIA,

--Neal

4 REPLIES 4

In the drawing, does it say X-section aborted? If so, you may need to offset the section just a little (if possible).

See the following discussion:

Problem in creating section in drawing

Dear Stephen,

YES IT DOES!!!

So I just offset the section by .001"....didn't work so I increased to .002".  IT WORKED!!!  Thank you.

After nearly 20 years of using Pro|E I do not believe that I have ever seen this happen.

Thank you again and have a great weekend!

--Neal

rmix
4-Participant
(To:NEALROSENBLUM)

I believe that when this happens, there is interference somewhere. That's why the offset works, because you are avoiding the "offensive" entities.

-Rebo

if you have a general view in the drawing (insert -> view -> general), then redefine the view in the part/asm.

i.e. view -> orientation -> redefine

Top Tags