cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Section edges are not visible in drawing view, only hatching is visible

MK_10622412
6-Contributor

Section edges are not visible in drawing view, only hatching is visible

The problem is the following: at some point, the edges of the parts in assembly become invisible in the view; only the hatching that belongs to them is visible. The section in the view is offset type, created by the sketch. These edges become visible only with ticked view setting "Model edge visibility" - "Area", but not visible with "Total" (but should be!).
If I create a new view and assign the same offset section, the view is correct. But I would like to use old view, becouse it have assigned boms and hatching properties.

What I tried to fix this:
1. Updating view/sheet - it didn’t help

2. tried to change the section sketch references - it didn’t help
3. tried excluding and then including parts from the list of cut parts - it didn’t help
4. tried to hide, then show all layers of the view - it didn’t help
5. tried to assign a display style for all edges by default - did not help.

the similar question not help

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:MK_10622412)

I don't know how to troubleshoot this problem without a model/drawing. Is it possible to share the model?

Is it giving any error messages in the message log?

Honestly if I can make it work on a new view but it won't show on an existing view, I just assume that the existing view is "corrupted" (probably not the right work) and I just move the balloons/dimensions/labels, etc to the new view and move on. Troubleshooting these problems usually take way more time than just re-creating. I know its not the best response, but its been my experience.

If you have PTC maintenance, you could send them the models/drawings and they could probably tell you where the problem is.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

Try offsetting the section view by ".001". Sometime when a section view is on the center of a part, it can cause issues.

oh yes, of course, I forgot to mention that I also tried this trick 🙁 it didn't help also

StephenW
23-Emerald II

I don't know how to troubleshoot this problem without a model/drawing. Is it possible to share the model?

Is it giving any error messages in the message log?

Honestly if I can make it work on a new view but it won't show on an existing view, I just assume that the existing view is "corrupted" (probably not the right work) and I just move the balloons/dimensions/labels, etc to the new view and move on. Troubleshooting these problems usually take way more time than just re-creating. I know its not the best response, but its been my experience.

If you have PTC maintenance, you could send them the models/drawings and they could probably tell you where the problem is.

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags