cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Section regeneration failed. Ambiguous sketch.!

Manoj
1-Newbie

Section regeneration failed. Ambiguous sketch.!

Hello All,

I am getting an error on regenerating a revolve feature of a quadrilateral cross-section saying:

"Section regeneration failed. Ambiguous sketch."

Please let me know, what is Ambiguous sketch?

Thanks in advance,

Manoj

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:Manoj)

Try using the section validation tools to make sure you have created a valid sketch:

sketcher.png

These tools are Shade Closed Loops, Highlight Open Ends, Overlapping Geometry and Feature Requirements. Details for each check are available in the Help Center.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:Manoj)

Try using the section validation tools to make sure you have created a valid sketch:

sketcher.png

These tools are Shade Closed Loops, Highlight Open Ends, Overlapping Geometry and Feature Requirements. Details for each check are available in the Help Center.

Manoj
1-Newbie
(To:sm)

Thanks Scott!

actually these sections are based on 4 points which are generated by a program with no human interactons....and after regenerating it works well without making any changes...so I am not quite sure why this is hapenning and the solution for it?

Thanks in advance,

Manoj

Top Tags