cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Section tool interferes with unrelated part

lsilva
1-Newbie

Section tool interferes with unrelated part

On Section, I can choose which parts will be chopped and which ones will not. But as the title says, it prevents me from selecting other unmarked objects that would be hidden if were included.

How to stop this ?

Creo 2

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Lucas,

I was able to reproduce your problem in Creo 2.0 M070 - see attached assembly. Parts KOLIK and DEKL_DOLNI can be selected in graphics window - place cursor on the part, press RMB and use Pick From List command. Unfortunatelly Creo does not highlite the part in graphics window. The part is marked as selected in Model Tree, only.

I think the only way how to proceed is to contact PTC Support and ask them to judge Creo behaviour. I wish you good luck doing this.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Lucas,

can you upload a picture or Creo data ? I think that you know, that when you create planar x-section in an assembly, then every component located in front of a plane is removed from display.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

A screenshot was attached.

Everything works as supposed

But after applying the tool, I am unable to select any object of those circled in red

I've changed smart filter to geometries, right clicked on the objects, but nothing.

Lucas,

I was able to reproduce your problem in Creo 2.0 M070 - see attached assembly. Parts KOLIK and DEKL_DOLNI can be selected in graphics window - place cursor on the part, press RMB and use Pick From List command. Unfortunatelly Creo does not highlite the part in graphics window. The part is marked as selected in Model Tree, only.

I think the only way how to proceed is to contact PTC Support and ask them to judge Creo behaviour. I wish you good luck doing this.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

In your opinion, is it worth contacting PTC ?
Do they release updates often ?
Haven't they abandoned Creo 2 over Creo 3 ?

And thank you for your time

If you have maintenance, I would submit a case.  Even if it doesn't get fixed in a release of Creo 2, you might eventually move to Creo 3; and more importantly, it's (probably) the best way to show PTC what matters to the users.

I reported a bug in Mechanica last week and they've acknowledged that they can reproduce it, and have escalated it to a more senior investigator.

Convinced.

Will do if I don't find hard

Lucas,

Q: In your opinion, is it worth contacting PTC ?

A: Dealing with PTC Support is not easy... The decision is is up to you ...

Q: Do they release updates often ?

A: Maintenance releases are built every 2-3 months. Unfortunatelly you as user never know, when your issue will be resolved.

Q: Haven't they abandoned Creo 2 over Creo 3 ?

A: Creo 2 and Creo 3 are maintained simultaneously in 2015 and 2016, too.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák
Top Tags