cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Select All of an Imported Part when Copying a Geometry?

nbrenn
1-Newbie

Select All of an Imported Part when Copying a Geometry?

Hello,

I am trying to copy all of the part geometries of an imported part, into a protrustion.  So, for example, the lighter blue in the photo are just two faces of a much more complex part that I need to copy and paste into the Protrusion (the darker box).

Instead of going through each and every surface, edge, corner, of the part inside of the protrusion, how do I select the entire thing and then Copy and Paste it into the protrusion?

For example, the front face and top face of the light blue, I selected -> Ctrl+C -> Ctrl+V, and then validated with the check mark.  I do not want to do this for each little surface in this part that I imported.  And I am looking for a way to select it all -> Ctrl+C -> Ctrl+V.

Thanks!

select_all.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RaphMORIN
13-Aquamarine
(To:nbrenn)

If I understand correctly, your problem is to select all the surfaces of the imported part. To do this, select one surface of the part, then right click and you'll have the option to select all solid surfaces like in the image below, then Ctrl+C Ctrl+V to copy paste.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
RaphMORIN
13-Aquamarine

If I understand correctly, your problem is to select all the surfaces of the imported part. To do this, select one surface of the part, then right click and you'll have the option to select all solid surfaces like in the image below, then Ctrl+C Ctrl+V to copy paste.

Thanks for your response.  For some reason, no dialog box shows when I right click.  Is there a way for my to configure my mouse for Right Click ability?

RaphMORIN
13-Aquamarine

You mean you never have right click enabled in Creo ?

Correct, right click does not seem to do anything...

RaphMORIN
13-Aquamarine

I'm sorry I've never heard about a right click problem in Creo. Maybe you could check your mouse configuration, or search in the forum for any thread dealing with this.

nbrenn
1-Newbie

Is there another location where I can find the "Select All Solid Surfaces" function?

nbrenn
1-Newbie

Nevermind!  I had to hold down the right click for 1-2 seconds longer than I was.

I got it working now!  Thank you!

There's a delay in Creo before the RMB menu appears.  Us old-timers tend to forget about it, but if you're used to standard Windows behaviour it can seem like it doesn't work!

Try holding the RMB for a few seconds...

You got it!  Thank you sir!

Yep forgot about this Creo specificity on the right click !

Top Tags