cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The community will undergo maintenance on October 16th at 10:00 PM PDT and will be unavailable for up to one hour.

Selecting surface

ptc-2027409
1-Newbie

Selecting surface

Hi everyone, i have made an extrusion of several circles to make some kind of holes. I'd like to select independently from each other each surface at the bottom of the hole. Actually i'd like to apply different colors for each different hole. Do you know how to perform it? Thanks a lot
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

View -> Color and Appearance In the Assignment section you'll see a drop-down menu that starts with Part, expand and select Surface, pick your surface, accept, choose color and click Apply. Rodney WF3 M140

Rodney, thanks for your help, but i'm afraid this is not so easy. Indeed, i can't select only one surface of all these that have been created in a unique extrusion. Best regards

You are correct, if the surfaces have the same id (as in created by the same feature) you will not be able to select the surfaces individually. you have a few choices here: 1) Create separate holes/extrudes so you end up with individually selectable surfaces for appearances. 2) Create a pattern of holes/extrudes so you end up with individually selectable surfaces for appearances. 3)Take the feature you have currently (extrude with multiple circles) and copy/paste surfaces, then apply appearances to the copied surfaces individually. -S Tucker, PTC

I don't think this is correct. I do this all the time. Did you try changing the selection filter to quilt? What version of ProE? I've selectively shaded individual surfaces, regardless of their method of creation, in all versions of ProE that I've used.
Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags