cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Sheetmetal Flange is connecting with adjacent walls

angird1990
5-Regular Member

Sheetmetal Flange is connecting with adjacent walls

Hello all,

Thanks for looking into my problem.

I noted this while working with flange.

Image "1" is a simple planar and then i created a flange(refer to image "2"), which is a flange wall. Then when i add another flange to both the walls (refer to image "3"), the flanges are connecting in some area. I've marked that area in black. 

I cannot remove it using miter tab and the edge treatment tab is greyed out.

Please help me out

Thanks in advance

2 REPLIES 2
kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:angird1990)

The proper method depends on exactly what your goal is.  From your description, I believe you should be using 3 flat walls, modifying the sketch for the two side walls to create the desired joint at the corner.

Flange is meant for creating a single wall that follows a curved path.  Your result is exactly what a flange meant to do.

There is always more to learn in Creo.
angird1990
5-Regular Member
(To:kdirth)

Thanks for replying.

Actually i am designing an enclosure for a machine. So i just created a sample model for briefing my problem.

In my case, there would be 3 walls similar to the shape of U (refer to the image). On top of every wall, comes a 90 degree bend and so does the problem. On every adjacent area the flanges are attached even after increasing the gap in miter cuts. So i doubt the manufacturing feasibility. Is there any other option to avoid that or am i doing it wrong? 

Top Tags