cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Shock analysis using Creo Simulate ?

klegall
1-Newbie

Shock analysis using Creo Simulate ?

Hi all,

I'm facing a problematic phase about an assembly.

The goal of my study is determine the eigenfrequencies of an existing assembly and, if necessary, to rigidify it so it meets our criterias.

The problem is that we want to correlate as best as we can the existing system with what we've done in Creo.
Creo gave me the Eigenfrequencies I asked for and I can always try to refine my model, but when it comes to

exciting the real assembly to compare our results it's becoming very complex.

One of the engineers I'm working with told me to try to simulate an impact on the structure with a hammer to

replicate what we would do on the real model. Is that even possible to do in Creo ?

The assembly is pretty flexible so applying a .1s excitation on it doesn't makes sense to me.

Don't know if this is clear, but I can't give much more information on that assembly.

10 REPLIES 10
Chris3
20-Turquoise
(To:klegall)

You want to have an accelerometer near where the physcial "hammer" is and then take that measurement make that your base excitation.

After that its a matter of comparing your model to the real world model. IE do you have things in the real world that are not in your Creo model (epoxies, cabling, tooling, accels, etc.)

klegall
1-Newbie
(To:Chris3)

Hello,

Thanks for your answer. Do you know any tutorial on how to set up such an excitation in creo ? I suspect I have to run a dynamic shock analysis using the results of my modal analysis but I have some troubles understanding how to set up the hammer excitation.

Chris3
20-Turquoise

I am not aware of any publicly available training. To enter the spectrum, you setup a dynamic shock study and then you click on the "response spectrum" tab. Then click on the f(x) button to define your spectrum.

There are a lot of nuances when it comes to this kind of analysis. There are people in the analysis industry that argue that current methods of performing shock analysis are overly conservative and as such are not valid. I would highly recommend that you have someone review your work if this is the first time you are attempting to perform something like this. If there is no one at your company to do this there are consulting companies that specialize in analysis that could review your work.

DenisJaunin
15-Moonstone

Hello Kevin

Here are some documents in the hope that they can help you.

Kind regards.

Denis

Hello Denis,

Thank you for the folder, my german isn't the best but I should understand the thought process !

Hello, 
I have i think the same goal than you and i have some difficulties to perform this simulation.
Is it possible to have the rjakel link ? (Is not available any more)

Best regards, 

Please find presentation "Linear Dynamic System Analyses with Creo Simulate" in attachment. And here another one link:

http://www.qucosa.de/recherche/frontdoor/?tx_slubopus4frontend%5bid%5d=urn:nbn:de:bsz:ch1-qucosa-225992

http://www.qucosa.de/fileadmin/data/qucosa/documents/22599/Jakel_SAXSIM_2017.pdf

thank you very much VladimirN, I will study this 

rjakel
4-Participant

Hi Kevin,

just yesterday I published a comprehensive presentation about dynamic Analysis with Creo Simulate in my blog:

Rolos Simulate Sources

Here the direkt link to the presentation:

Linear Dynamic System Analyses with Creo Simulate – Theory & Application Examples, Capabilities, Limitations

It should answer how to do what you want.

Best,

Roland

klegall
1-Newbie
(To:rjakel)

Hi Roland,

Thanks a lot for this, it's an absolute goldmine !

Top Tags