cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Show geometric tolerance in .prt

SR_CAD
12-Amethyst

Show geometric tolerance in .prt

Hi,

I'm working on Creo Parametric 8.0.4.0 and I recently added in my config.pro the line "tol_display yes" in order to have in my .prt files the possibility to see and modify adjustments and tolerances.

It's working great except when I create, in my .drw, a tolerance not associated to a dimension.

LearningProcess_1-1664986783208.png

LearningProcess_0-1664986690517.png

As you can see in this example, I can't see the flatness.

Is there a way to solve this ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You'd need to create geometric tolerance directly in the model (using Annotate tab in part model) and then you can display this tolerance in the drawing through Show Model Annotations. The other way around is not possible, as the standalone tolerance created in the drawing is a drawing-specific object and cannot be transferred back to model.

The tolerance attached to the dimension is shown in the model, because (I'm a bit guessing here) the dimension in the drawing has been displayed from the model (with Show Model Annotations) and not created manually in the drawing, so attaching tolerance to the dimension has modified model dimension itself. Usually entities created explicitly in drawing (like dimensions, notes or gtols) are drawing-specific and exist only in the drawing. You can show in the drawing entities existing in the model, but not the other way around.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

You'd need to create geometric tolerance directly in the model (using Annotate tab in part model) and then you can display this tolerance in the drawing through Show Model Annotations. The other way around is not possible, as the standalone tolerance created in the drawing is a drawing-specific object and cannot be transferred back to model.

The tolerance attached to the dimension is shown in the model, because (I'm a bit guessing here) the dimension in the drawing has been displayed from the model (with Show Model Annotations) and not created manually in the drawing, so attaching tolerance to the dimension has modified model dimension itself. Usually entities created explicitly in drawing (like dimensions, notes or gtols) are drawing-specific and exist only in the drawing. You can show in the drawing entities existing in the model, but not the other way around.

SR_CAD
12-Amethyst
(To:LukaszMazur)

Noted, thank you.

Top Tags