cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Simp Rep

mmello
11-Garnet

Simp Rep

Hello Community, how are you?

Can anyone tell me how to create a simp rep from holes I made in an assembly? I need to hide the holes I made in the assembly and I tried simp rep, but it only lets me exclude parts and not characteristics. Has anyone done something similar?
Thanks!!!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mmello
11-Garnet
(To:pausob)

I understand... and thank you very much for the information!!! I thought there was something about Simp Rep inside the set that did it by feature!!! But I'll apply your suggestion and make the texts.
Thank you very much and have a good job,

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

One way is that you can go into the drilled parts, there create a simp rep (let's call it "BEFORE_DRILLING") which excludes the assembly cut features.  Then go back to the assembly and define a simp rep where you substitute the drilled parts for the user-defined "BEFORE_DRILLING" versions. 

mmello
11-Garnet
(To:pausob)

I understand... and thank you very much for the information!!! I thought there was something about Simp Rep inside the set that did it by feature!!! But I'll apply your suggestion and make the texts.
Thank you very much and have a good job,

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:mmello)

Unfortunately you can't control an assembly feature with a simplified rep.

There is a product enhancement request to add this feature, if you have a chance, take a minute and go add a kudo to that one.

https://community.ptc.com/t5/Creo-Parametric-Ideas/Let-me-rep-out-assembly-features/idi-p/846902

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags