cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Simplifed Rep of Sub-Assembly in Repeat Region

pstapler
3-Visitor

Simplifed Rep of Sub-Assembly in Repeat Region

I have a top level assembly with multiple simplified reps defined, which create -001, -003, and -005 subassemblies. I did this because I didn't want to create separate files for the -001, -003, and -005 assemblies because they each use a lot of the same files. So I have reused files in the -001 assembly and I turn them on and off to create the reps for the -003 and -005. Some of the subassemblies also have -001, -003, and -005 simplified reps which correspond to the top level -001, -003, and -005 assembly. However, the only items that will appear in the repeat regions are the main reps for the lower level assemblies. I know how to set model reps and column model reps for repeat regions. What I am trying to do is set a rep for an item in the repeat region itself. Is this possible?

I have played around with making the entire repeat region recursive and then setting individual items to flat. This has gotten me close, but I now need to set a specific item to a simplified rep for that item.

Optionally, is there a way to define a different part number for a simplified rep of an assmebly? We use parameters to define the part number within the repeat region on a parts list. 

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags