cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Simplified Representation Metadata Usage in Drawings

Brndn4
9-Granite

Simplified Representation Metadata Usage in Drawings

What are the rules surrounding the display of session ID for assembly components in different simp rep states? I already know anything less than master rep is sketchy at best for reporting metadata from within a model rather than of a model. (File Name vs. user-defined parameter, for example)

I have an assembly rep (default) that has a rule to set all included models to geometry rep by default. I want to reference model information in the drawing in order to be parametric about it, therefore using parameters and session IDs, such as in notes. When I try to view the session ID for multiple components, depending on the component, the message log doesn't give this information. Instead, it might say "Showing part <file name>" or "Including pattern (feat id <ID>) by reference must include its reference (feat id <ID>, model) or entire reference model". I initially thought this had something to do with geometry reps and instances or flexible components, but this extends to standalone, single-part models as well.

It seems as though some components in geometry rep state do not have enough information to display this properly, while others do. In particular, I have yet to have an issue with a subassembly, though all are still being reported as geometry reps.

My workaround for this has been to toggle specific models to the master rep state and then it will show the session ID, but I must save the rep status to keep it that way. When I don't save the rep status, the drawing will first show the parameter value, but then clicking away changes it to asterisks.

Between the lack of support of repeat region parts list tables and different simplified reps used in views, as well as issues like this, it's harder and harder to push the benefits of simplified reps when the practice comes with a multitude of if/then statements.

If it helps, I'm on Parametric 7.0.2.0, so I can't see how this fares with the session ID tree column functionality of 9.

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags