cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Simulation based lattice density

kani
4-Participant

Simulation based lattice density

Dear PTC Community,

I have been searching the web and support pages of Creo and I am not able to find any information on the simulation based density in the lattice tool. Having "simulation" selected in the "density" dialog box of the lattice tool, I am able to choose between three data files to open as a reference - a Creo Simulation Study Folder, Creo Simulate Live Data (.csv) and a density variation based on Tabstopps (.txt). Does anyone know:

1. Which files are taken as a reference in the Simulation Study Folder? File endings would be useful.

2. How the 3rd (and for me most interesting) file type (.txt) looks like? How does it need to be structured? Are there any examples?

The only information I could find is on this page: http://support.ptc.com/help/creo/creo_pma/usascii/index.html#page/part_modeling%2Fpart_modeling%2Fpart_nine_sub%2FAbout_Lattice_with_Varied_Density.html%23

Simulation based density is not even mentioned...

All the best and thanks in advance,

K

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DJNewman
17-Peridot
(To:kani)
2 REPLIES 2
DJNewman
17-Peridot
(To:kani)
kani
4-Participant
(To:DJNewman)

Hi DJNewman, 

thanks for the hint. I indeed didn't find this page. So, does this imply that the "density variation based on tabstopps" is a text document looking like this:

x1,y1,z1,phi1

x2,y2,z2,phi2

(self-chosen amount of lines)

Best and thanks,

K

Top Tags