cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Snapping two parts together

ptc-267878
1-Newbie

Snapping two parts together

wildfire 3.0

I'm trying to create a snap fit between two parts. One will have serveral tabs/hooks, and the other will have recesses where the tabs/hooks can engage. I thought that using the Cut Out feature (in Feature Operations), but the Cut Out is line-to-line whereas i need to build in some clearance. Any suggestions?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

Pub geometry and ECG's, my friend...

Also, from you post it vaguelysounds likeyou might be creating Assembly cuts? I.E. hacking through the parts with Assembly features. If that is the approach you are taking....you are on the long road to ruin.

TDD is your best bet with parts that must relate to one another.

Top Tags