cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Solidify Weld quilt starting from "create" command in assemblies

tleati
10-Marble

Solidify Weld quilt starting from "create" command in assemblies

Hello,

like probably many other structural analysts, I would really like to transform rapidly the weld features of Parametric in solid fillets to calculate in Simulate: I know, this is being a problem since the dawn of time, but I thought about a new possible solution which I don't completely know how to perform.

The first step is to create a new part in the assembly, by using the command "create" :

1.png

selecting in the menu -> part -> solid -> copy from existing and to position it with "default" positioning.

The second step (and here comes the question of the topic), after having activated the new part in the assembly, is the idea to create in the new part a set of surfaces tracing the quilt of the weld feature underneath and to then solidify these surfaces to create a solid 3D model of the fillet --> which is then considered by the software as an assembled part.

The problem is that I don't know how to do this second step (especially to create the quilts) -assumed that it's feasible-

the main advantage of this is to avoid having to create the fillet as a new part and then assemble it, (with the annexed impossiblity to adapt its geometry to certain weld interfaces) and to maintain the referentiality between weld feature and fillet part for future weld size modifications.

(Any other suggestions on how to do the 3d fillet would be well accepted).

many thanks,

Tommaso

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags