cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Spec driven piping - how to generate XML

kskatun
6-Contributor

Spec driven piping - how to generate XML

I am using Creo Parametric - Release 7.0 (connected) 7.0 7.0.2.0

Hi
we have a lot of large PID in microsoft visio, and we would like to get this information over to the piping module. Is there an easy way to do this? AS far as I understand we can use spec driven piping, which means it reads XML file, however after endless searching I cannot find a single XML sample file or the API of how this XML file should look like. We would like to get names and pipe sizes over for a start. Later we would also ideally like to get the the order(how they are connected) over as well. Any help on this matter will be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @kskatun,

PTC provides a sample PTD/CSV spec-driven text file library in <CREO_LOADPOINT>\Common Files\text\piping_data

Here is a support document PTC provides with a sample XML and piping assembly.

Cheers,

John Piotrowski, Co-Founder & Product Manager
CadActive Technologies - www.cadactive.com

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hello!

There are two different file structures that you need in order to populate the import of pipelines into Creo Parametric Piping. 

The first prerequisite set of files are the PTD/CSV files that are required for configuring Creo's spec-driven piping, see more here. These files not only define the geometry of pipes/hoses but include important metadata and rules about which fittings can be paired with which pipes/hoses.

Once you have spec-driven piping setup, Creo Parametric allows for an XML import for schematic-driven piping, see more here. The XML file is made up of Components and Connections (this XML standard was defined from Creo Schematics). These Components and Connections need specific parameters that match the 3D piping assembly and the spec-driven library rules.

There are some plug-ins for Visio that allow for exporting logical information, but I don't believe there are out-of-the-box XML exports. CadActive has tools that automate the creation and translation of both of these file structures to enable schematic-driven piping, see more here.

We would love to chat to learn more about your use case, please message me if you would like to set something up.

Cheers,

kskatun
6-Contributor
(To:jpiotrowski)

Thanks for the feedback, do @jpiotrowski  have a sample csv and XML file I can have a look at?

Hi @kskatun,

PTC provides a sample PTD/CSV spec-driven text file library in <CREO_LOADPOINT>\Common Files\text\piping_data

Here is a support document PTC provides with a sample XML and piping assembly.

Cheers,

jchelle
15-Moonstone
(To:kskatun)

Hello @kskatun,

The information already provided by @jpiotrowski is correct .

As you are working with Creo Parametric 7.0.2.0 , if you access to the online Help for Creo  you will find additional information about SCHEMATICS with piping :

About Routing a Pipeline Using Schematic Information

About Creo SCHEMATICS Component Properties in Schematic-Driven Pipeline Modeling

and other links .

If you need more help please let me know and we can open a case.

BR

Top Tags