cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Specific Bulk part cannot be retrieved standalone, only as an assembly component.

Invisigoth
14-Alexandrite

Specific Bulk part cannot be retrieved standalone, only as an assembly component.

I am trying to track down some attribute/parameter problems being reported by users. I want to open a part in Creo in order to view the Parameters table.  I am stopped cold by the error. Found the document CS99332 which says this is not a supported feature and recommends putting in a product idea post.

2 REPLIES 2
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:Invisigoth)

What is the big deal!

Create a dummy assembly, add the bulk item component and then edit it. Check-in the bulk item from the assembly tree.

Easy simple and available today, no waiting 5+ years for PTC to modify the structure of a bulk item to allow them to be opened independently.

I do this all the time with our bulk items in Windchill when we find a correction that is needed.

Invisigoth
14-Alexandrite
(To:Invisigoth)

The big deal is that this was not recorded anywhere for this problem, that's what ;  )

Top Tags