cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Still having problem with install license on the desk top

lwloskowicz
4-Participant

Still having problem with install license on the desk top

Hi

I have great problem with installing  student license Cre 3.0 on the desk top Win 10 Pro 64 bit. I installed first student license with any problem on the laptop it is valid to April 4th 2018.

On the desk top I have network card NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller . When the PTC Inst.Assist. is running I open Advanced License Entry and :

- physical address is the same as I received from ipconfig/all

- Host name the same

- port number 7788 - Windows Defender is turn off

and nothing ,I get always Error !

I skiped lincense install step and installed all CreO 3.0 components, copied also PTC folder from the loptop ( from Program Data folder) with lincese file.

But when try to launch CreO I get message Invalid host name. It is true naturally.

Is it possible that the port 7788 is still closed.

Thanks for help .

I care about lincense on the desk top because it is more easily - I have two monitors , one 21 inch and  the better graphic card

Ludwika

5 REPLIES 5

Hi,

during installation you have to enter Product Code. Did you do this action ?

MH

Martin Hanák

Hi Martin

Yes I did .

This problem is resolved already - I think. I installed the Microsoft LoopBack virtual network controller( from device manager ).

During running PTC Inst.Assist. I chose  Advanced License Entry option , and after Host ID ... in widow below I chose Microsoft LoopBack card with port 7788.

The license was installed properly - before I deleted the old PTC folder in the Program Data folder of course. The new PTC folder was created  with lincense file.

I have now the Expiration Date    = 11-APR-2018.

Martin would like to confirm or comment my solution. I think I had crash hardware with NVIDIA nForce network controller.

Regards

Ludwika

Hi Ludwika,

congratulations !

I cann't attach any comment .

It is interesting, that PTC Inst.Assist accepts Microsoft LoopBack virtual network controller.

Good luck with Creo !

MH

Martin Hanák

Thanks Martin

The latest update of WIN 10 removed Microsoft Loopback virtual network controller. This device should be installed once again.

Top Tags