cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Style of lines changes after printing as pdf

Spedex
10-Marble

Style of lines changes after printing as pdf

Hello,
My central axes looks like this in Creo:

Screenshot 2022-09-19 182305.png

And that is also how i want it to look like.

But when i print it as a pdf file it looks like this in the pdf version:

Screenshot 2022-09-19 182412.png

Same goes for cosmetic thread lines:

pic1.png

Unbenannt.png

No idea why that changed but is there an option to change it?

Greetings
Spedex

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@Spedex wrote:

In the attachment you find now a file.zp file with the table and the config file.

I do not use the Save As Button, I use the Print option.

Edit: If I use the Save As option, the central axes actually looks like how it should look like, but every other line does not...

Hi,

I uploaded corrected files.

Please try Save a Copy command, too.

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

@Spedex wrote:

Hello,
My central axes looks like this in Creo:

Screenshot 2022-09-19 182305.png

And that is also how i want it to look like.

But when i print it as a pdf file it looks like this in the pdf version:

Screenshot 2022-09-19 182412.png

Same goes for cosmetic thread lines:

pic1.png

Unbenannt.png

No idea why that changed but is there an option to change it?

Greetings
Spedex

Hi,

please next time upload your pentable and Creo data for testing purposes.

I guess axes are drawn by a pen whose definition contains a pattern specification. pattern specification overrides line font.

Martin Hanák

Hello, i think my pentable is the following:

pdf_use_pentable yes

use_8_plotter_pens yes

pen_table_file path_to_file

pen table file - example

pen 1 thickness 0.015 cm; color 0.0 0.0 0.0; drawing_color

pen 2 thickness 0.01 cm; color 0.0 0.0 0.0; letter_color, datum_color

pen 3 pattern 0.5, 0.2 cm; thickness 0.03 cm; color 0.0 0.0 0.0; half_tone_color

pen 4 thickness 0.035 cm; color 0.0 0.0 0.0; edge_highlite_color

pen 7 thickness 0.015 cm; color 0.0 0.0 0.0; dimmed_col

i know that pen 2 changes the thickness of the central axes lines, but not sure where there should be any pattern...

@Spedex wrote:

Hello, i think my pentable is the following:

pdf_use_pentable yes

use_8_plotter_pens yes

pen table file - example

pen 2 thickness 0.01 cm; color 0.0 0.0 0.0; letter_color, datum_color

pen 3 pattern 0.5, 0.2 cm; thickness 0.03 cm; color 0.0 0.0 0.0; half_tone_color

i know that pen 2 changes the thickness of the central axes lines, but not sure where there should be any pattern...

Hi,

please provide more details. Use similar procedure as below.

---

I created testing data in Creo Parametric 4.0 M140. See attachment cyl.zip.

My config.pro contains following lines:

use_8_plotter_pens yes
pen_table_file E:\users\creo4_parametric\pentable.pnt
pdf_use_pentable YES

cyl.zip contains Creo prt+drw, pentable file and PDF file generated using Save As command.

Axis and hatching is displayed correctly in PDF file.

Martin Hanák

Ok, noticed a few interesting things.

First of all, the way the central line looks, when i made this testing part is actually how i want it to look. However in the assembly drawing where i want it to work the problem still occurs.

I put a zip-file in the attachments where you can find the testing part, drawing and pdf as well as the pentable. My config.pro is the same as yours (of course leading to a different file location of the pentable).
In the assembly drawing i noticed that it will actually do the central axes a bit like i want them, so long stroke and then short stroke. Problem: the stroke length is very high. So short central axes end up being just one straight and continuous line.

too shorttoo shortlong enoughlong enough

The way the thread looks is same though in my assambly drawing as well as in the testing drawing. In both way it looks completely different than how it should look and how it looks in Creo. I noticed that the thread lines are reffered as "hidden lines" (second option in the color option menu).
Also I noticed that the thickness is way too high. What kind of option do i have to use to reffer to the hidden lines in the pen table to change the thickness (what is the "code-word")? So at least i can make it thinner even though the line style is still off.

Note: I cannot open your creo files because i am using the student edition.

Greetings
Spedex

@Spedex wrote:

Ok, noticed a few interesting things.

First of all, the way the central line looks, when i made this testing part is actually how i want it to look. However in the assembly drawing where i want it to work the problem still occurs.

I put a zip-file in the attachments where you can find the testing part, drawing and pdf as well as the pentable. My config.pro is the same as yours (of course leading to a different file location of the pentable).
In the assembly drawing i noticed that it will actually do the central axes a bit like i want them, so long stroke and then short stroke. Problem: the stroke length is very high. So short central axes end up being just one straight and continuous line.

too shorttoo shortlong enoughlong enough

The way the thread looks is same though in my assambly drawing as well as in the testing drawing. In both way it looks completely different than how it should look and how it looks in Creo. I noticed that the thread lines are reffered as "hidden lines" (second option in the color option menu).
Also I noticed that the thickness is way too high. What kind of option do i have to use to reffer to the hidden lines in the pen table to change the thickness (what is the "code-word")? So at least i can make it thinner even though the line style is still off.

Note: I cannot open your creo files because i am using the student edition.

Greetings
Spedex

Hi,

(1) keyword for hidden lines is half_tone_color

(2) to change the linestyle for axes in PDF you can add new pen into your pentable, for example:

pen 8 thickness 0.01 cm; pattern 0.5, 0.2, 0.2, 0.2 cm; color 0.0 0.0 0.0; datum_color

(3) I cannot open files created in Student version

Martin Hanák

Regarding (2)
Changed it now eg to pattern 0.05, 0.02, 0.02, 0.02 cm and still the outcome was the same:

pdf_use_pentable yes

use_8_plotter_pens yes

pen table file - example

pen 2 thickness 0.01 cm; color 0.0 0.0 0.0; letter_color

pen 3 pattern 100.0, 7.0 cm; thickness 0.01 cm; color 0.0 0.0 0.0; half_tone_color

pen 5 pattern 0.05, 0.02, 0.02, 0.02 cm; thickness 0.01 cm; color 0.0 0.0 0.0; datum_color

Can you imagine why?

Was able to fix at least the hidden line thing with the threads.

@Spedex wrote:

Regarding (2)
Changed it now eg to pattern 0.05, 0.02, 0.02, 0.02 cm and still the outcome was the same:

pdf_use_pentable yes

use_8_plotter_pens yes

pen table file - example

pen 2 thickness 0.01 cm; color 0.0 0.0 0.0; letter_color

pen 3 pattern 100.0, 7.0 cm; thickness 0.01 cm; color 0.0 0.0 0.0; half_tone_color

pen 5 pattern 0.05, 0.02, 0.02, 0.02 cm; thickness 0.01 cm; color 0.0 0.0 0.0; datum_color

Can you imagine why?

Was able to fix at least the hidden line thing with the threads.

Hi,

you used pattern 0.05, 0.02, 0.02, 0.02 cm ... this is nonsense.

I suggested you to use pattern 0.5, 0.2, 0.2, 0.2 cm ... please try it.

I uploaded 2 files.

cyl_05_02_02_02.pdf ... corresponds with pattern 0.5, 0.2, 0.2, 0.2 cm

cyl_10_04_04_04.pdf ... corresponds with pattern 1.0, 0.4, 0.4, 0.4 cm

Martin Hanák

It seems like changes to the pattern do not affect the outcome. Outcome is always the same...

Tried the pattern 0.5, 0.2, 0.2, 0.2 cm initially, but also this had no different outcome.

Ok I realzied that the pen does not seem to be active. Changed the thickness to something super big, still the central axes are thin...

@Spedex wrote:

It seems like changes to the pattern do not affect the outcome. Outcome is always the same...

Tried the pattern 0.5, 0.2, 0.2, 0.2 cm initially, but also this had no different outcome.

Ok I realzied that the pen does not seem to be active. Changed the thickness to something super big, still the central axes are thin...

Hi,

please upload your config.pro file and your pentable file. Use following area to attach your files (some files must be packed into zip file).

MartinHanak_0-1663696056050.png

Question: Do you use Save a Copy command for exporting PDF from Creo drawing ?

MartinHanak_1-1663696203607.png

Martin Hanák

In the attachment you find now a file.zp file with the table and the config file.

Edit: If I use the Save As option, the central axes actually looks like how it should look like, but every other line does not...

@Spedex wrote:

Hi,

I uploaded corrected files.

Please try Save a Copy command, too.

Martin Hanák

Hello Martin,

It works now (with the Print option). Thank you very much.

I used your corrected files. Can I ask you, what did you change?

Greetings

Spedex

@Spedex wrote:

Hello Martin,

It works now (with the Print option). Thank you very much.

I used your corrected files. Can I ask you, what did you change?

Greetings

Spedex

Hi,

comparing old versions with new ones is your homework. You have to do such a simple task yourself.

Martin Hanák
Top Tags