cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Surface Symbol Orientation changes after "edit Attachment"

Pius
12-Amethyst

Surface Symbol Orientation changes after "edit Attachment"

Hello

If I create a 2D drafting view, derived from a 3D Combination State the surface symbols describing the surface of a groove side walls, the symbols cannot be moved (dragged by mouse).

So far I can change the position only by the option of "edit Attachment" in 2D drafting, selecting the belonging groove-width value, then the position on the whiteness line and then the corresponding geometry.

But now the Surface Finish symbol changes it direction, now it is pointing away from the surface.

Surface Finish Annotations in 3D modeling

PB_10597032_0-1692961413860.png

Surface Finish Annotation in 2D drafting detailed view.

The two vertical symbols cannot be moved by mouse dragging. Therefore I try to change its attachment.

PB_10597032_1-1692961526357.png

But now the symbol points in wrong direction.

PB_10597032_3-1692961836952.png

As you can see the symbol for the bottom of the groove can be moved by dragging.

Does anybody have an hint how to move these Surface Finish symbols by mouse dragging or how to change the orientation of the symbols after the "edit Attachment" operation.

Regards

PB

Creo Parametrics 8.0 User since 2023
more than 20 years with other CAD tools
3 REPLIES 3

Hi PB_10597032

Thank you for your question. 
I’d like to recommend to bring more details and context to your initial inquiry. Like you could mention the Product name & version details in the topic.

This will increase your chances to receive meaningful help from other Community members. 

Regards,

Vivek N
Community Moderation Team.

Pius
12-Amethyst
(To:vnamboodheri)

Hi Vivek N

Can this be done after the topic has been created?

Regards

Pius

Pius
12-Amethyst
(To:Pius)

Hello

I'm just adding some more information to above description.

We use creo parametrics 8.0. Our intension is to apply MBD in the 3D model, creating Combination States which then are reused in 2D drafting. 

for clarification of above situation, here some more details:

1st:

selected surface symbol I can not move along the witness line, it only can be moved within the area of the groove bottom face (to which it belongs).

Pius_0-1693980172441.png

In 2D, this surface symbol can be moved along the surface symbol.

Pius_1-1693981400376.png

Question:

>> is there a option to move this symbol in 3D to a position along the witness line (or let's say, along extrapolated intersection between radial face of groove bottom and 3D section)?

2nd:

In 3D I can move surface symbols attached to the axial faces of the groove to any position on a plane coincident to the groove face.

Pius_2-1693981688959.png

But if I use the corresponding Combination State in 2D this surface symbol cannot be moved anywhere. The position of the surface symbols remains rigid.

The only option I know is to use the "Edit Attachment" function and choose the witness line as new attachment.

Pius_3-1693982116515.png

But, if I use this function, the orientation of the surface symbol changes from "towards the face" to opposite.

Pius_4-1693982362634.png

And this is a pity!

Question:

Is there an option to avoid the change of the symbols orientation?

Does anybody have an hint?

Top Tags