cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Sweep Issue

Scott67
8-Gravel

Sweep Issue

I have an assembly that has a wing profile with a duplicate 2 " offset from each other.  I what to show sheeting going across one of the curves of the profile with a depth of 2".  I use and edge as my curve for the sketch to follow.  I have a "Green" check mark and after clicking on the "Green" check mark everything is okay except no solid feature swept.  I thought maybe if I change it to a surface sweep but I get a notification about switching from solid to surface and then still nothing happens.  tried changing thickness in the sketch but that did nothing.  After accepting the check mark I get a red outline of what the feature looks like then after regen it vanishes.  The Sweep feature is in the model tree and no failures or errors pop up.

4 REPLIES 4

In trying the sweep, I was doing it in the Assembly Model.  To get my sheeting to show, I took the profile, made a sketch, then create a part and made the sheeting.  Now that I fixed the issue can someone tell me why in an Assembly Creo allows you to pick Sweep, create all the parameters and give you the impression your feature should show when if fact it does not give any graphical representation?  I am curius why this function is not grayed out or locked in the assembly model.

rreifsnyder
13-Aquamarine
(To:Scott67)

You cannot make solid geometry in assembly mode. It doesn't make physical sense to Creo to try to do that. Because of this you were sweeping a surface instead and perhaps you have it setup to automatically be put on a layer and that layer is blanked? 

Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I
(To:Scott67)

@Scott67 

As @rreifsnyder mentioned you cannot add materiel in assembly mode. You can create a new part or assemble a new part in assembly activate that and create sweep feature in that part referring the assembly references . 

MaheshSh and @rreifsnyder  you are both correct some what. In the past at my place of employment we do a lot of Creo Piping, after all is done we then go to our assemblies and create a sweep to show foam insulation.  However, as @rreifsnyder indicated it comes in as a surface which you create both ID and OD then cap ends.  After I posted and looked at it some more I realized it had to be considered a part.  However, in my case when doing for example wing ribs and they are all in place in an assembly, to create the thin layer of film or sheet metal it would be nice if Creo would allow you to create the feature as a solid to show the skin.  trying to make a part and be .010" thick and following a not so easy curve can be difficult.  Thanks for the quick responses.  I am going to look into the layer being on or off.

Top Tags