cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Template Directory

bjoyner
3-Visitor

Template Directory

Capture.JPGHow do you change the directory that list your drawing templates?

I do not have permission to save to the default location.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

set config.pro option start_model_dir

MH

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:bjoyner)

pro_format_dir set in config.pro set to your local folder that has the templates in it.

pro_format_dir c:\ptc_user\user1\formats

Ben

Thank you for the response.   I did try that, but it seems to keep pointing to

the location shown in the original screen capture.

I did however get my permissions changed so that I can save to that location.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:bjoyner)

The system will still point to the system template folder for drawings. Maybe this needs to be an enhancement request.☺

If you select Brose, it will open your defined folder for the templates.

I would NOT recommend modifying or saving the drawing templates back to the system folder as they get overwritten/deleted when you upgrade!

We don't have this issue. We have pointed this template folder to library in Windchill and is working good.

Hi,

set config.pro option start_model_dir

MH

Martin Hanák

Thank you.  That seems to have resolved my problem.

The description of the option is a little confusing though.

Not sure what other things it affects but it does point my template list to the desired location.

Thanks again !

Brian

Top Tags