cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Template Directory

bjoyner
3-Visitor

Template Directory

Capture.JPGHow do you change the directory that list your drawing templates?

I do not have permission to save to the default location.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

set config.pro option start_model_dir

MH

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:bjoyner)

pro_format_dir set in config.pro set to your local folder that has the templates in it.

pro_format_dir c:\ptc_user\user1\formats

Ben

Thank you for the response.   I did try that, but it seems to keep pointing to

the location shown in the original screen capture.

I did however get my permissions changed so that I can save to that location.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:bjoyner)

The system will still point to the system template folder for drawings. Maybe this needs to be an enhancement request.☺

If you select Brose, it will open your defined folder for the templates.

I would NOT recommend modifying or saving the drawing templates back to the system folder as they get overwritten/deleted when you upgrade!

We don't have this issue. We have pointed this template folder to library in Windchill and is working good.

Hi,

set config.pro option start_model_dir

MH

Martin Hanák

Thank you.  That seems to have resolved my problem.

The description of the option is a little confusing though.

Not sure what other things it affects but it does point my template list to the desired location.

Thanks again !

Brian

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags