cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Tracking Flat Pattern ID number

madami
10-Marble

Tracking Flat Pattern ID number

Is there a way to identify the Flat Pattern id of any sheetmetal automatically? A traceable parameter or a mapkey maybe...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II
(To:madami)

I don't believe mapkeys can use the cut&paste functionality DIRECTLY....BUT, you can put a pause in there for the operator to MANUALLY cut&paste the information in.  That's probably the best you'll be able to do, unfortunately.

Best of luck!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I

@madami 

Anymore details to clarify this? Are you looking for feature ID or feature number of flat pattern? 

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II

By "ID" do you mean the "Feat ID"?  Your question is pretty vague, even in what, exactly, you mean by "traceable".

madami
10-Marble

Sure @Mahesh_Sharma @Patriot_1776

I'm trying to run a mapkey that needs the ID number that is generated when you create a Flat Pattern. When the flat pattern is created, if you take a look at the Model Tree, you'll see that the name of the Flat Pattern is "Flat Pattern id ###". Those ### are always a different number. 

The mapkey I'm developing depends of that Flat Pattern ID number to run, and it's always different when you create a new part...

You can also check ID number in the Model Information. It's always the last item of the Feature List.

Thanks a lot!

madami
10-Marble

Sure @Mahesh_Sharma @Patriot_1776

I'm developing a mapkey that depends on the ID number of the "Flat Pattern" to run correctly.
Every time a Flat Pattern is generated it generates a different ID code, the name of the Flat Pattern generated indicates that number, as you can see in the Model Tree (Flat Pattern id XXX), where XXX are always different numbers for each different part, for example (Flat Pattern id 154)

That id can also be checked by right clicking the Flat Pattern at the Model Tree>Information>Model Information and looking in Feature List.

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II

If you're using "Feat ID", which is always different, I don't think it'll work unless you write the mapkey to pause and allow you to manually enter the information.  You could try using the filter to get that number and then pick it that way, but....

Actually I've tried this.
I did a search from the find icon, accessed the Feature Information, copied the Internal Feature ID, pasted it in the right place into a .txt file that is saved in C: and wich contains the updated relations. These updated relations are pasted in the part relations.

The problem is when I do to other parts it doesn't copy the new ID, it always uses the one that was used to generate the mapkey. I don't know if is it possible for the mapkey to recognize the operation "ctrl + c" and "ctrl + v"... Have any idea?  Thanks!

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II

I don't believe mapkeys can use the cut&paste functionality DIRECTLY....BUT, you can put a pause in there for the operator to MANUALLY cut&paste the information in.  That's probably the best you'll be able to do, unfortunately.

Best of luck!

Top Tags