cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Transient thermal

346gnu
12-Amethyst

Transient thermal

Hello there,

Creo2.0 M060

A transient thermal analysis, requesting full results at each user defined interval ...

1. I cannot space the master steps equally, the button is greyed out (attached screenshot)

2. I cannot overtype 'auto' with my own numbers.

3. Despite full results being selected for each time step (whatever that is determined by the s/w), only full results for time=0 is available to view.

4. In Structure I get the error message that there isn't a thermal analysis with user defined steps.

Soooo,

I presume we are being ushered toward steady state with nonlinear/Use Load Histories as with the nonlinear buttons pressed it appears I can do the above (haven't actually run a model yet)

The help guides users to create a transient thermal by 'FILE>NEW TRANSIENT THERMAL'

Have I missed the point or is 'transient thermal' about to disappear in the form that I used to use?

Thanks

PS. Why can't I have negative convection coefficients any more?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ehaenen
4-Participant
(To:346gnu)

Charles:

You need to scroll down to the last step and enter your preferred end-time in the last time field. then you canspace equally (now it does not know the end tine, that is at "auto"as well).

I highlighted the field

Erik

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

It might be that equally spaced is the default and is repersented by Auto. Would be nice if it showed the values.

Try clicking on user definded

to see if it will allow you to over ride the values.

ehaenen
4-Participant

Charles:

You need to scroll down to the last step and enter your preferred end-time in the last time field. then you canspace equally (now it does not know the end tine, that is at "auto"as well).

I highlighted the field

Erik

346gnu
12-Amethyst
(To:ehaenen)

Erik,

I have always done it that way and so was the first thing tried.

What version are you using?

Creo2.0 M060 does not let me

Thanks

Charles

ehaenen
4-Participant

Charles: I have Creo2.0 M010

Erik

346gnu
12-Amethyst
(To:ehaenen)

Things became rather slow and then when tyring to save the model the s/w exited.

Retarting Creo was slooooow.

Reboot.

I can press all the buttons now.

Weird goose chase.

Thanks for your help.

ehaenen
4-Participant

Charles:

Every now and then I'm sorry to say, do: Set Up: New simulation model to get rid of s.... that builds up in the database. You have to enter all model related data again though.

Erik

Top Tags