cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Trouble Opening a Neutral File

ptc-2980910
1-Newbie

Trouble Opening a Neutral File

I downloaded a bearing assembly from a vendor that was saved as a neutral file. How do I open a neutral file. I have tried opening it the same way I would a normal part or assembly file but I get the error: "File name can not be retrieved" I have attached the file that I downloaded. Can anyone help me with this? Thank you for your time.
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

Oops...sorry I attached the wrong file. Here is the correct one below.

Opened fine here. Had to tell it to view all files the just selected the first file (inafag60_bora4eoz78q2c3wqi5r.neu.1). It opened as an assembly. I couldn't attach the bearing assy as pro-e WF4 increased the size (after zipping) to greater then 1.2 meg, which apparently exceeds the allowed size of attachments.

Dear Friend I open it with ease. I use wf 4 M80 what is your pro/e wf4?

The only thing I can think of is, did you during installation click on to install all sub features to "Pro-Interface"?
Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags