cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Trouble during Extruded Cut

mechanical
6-Contributor

Trouble during Extruded Cut

Hi everyone,

I want to split one part into two using creo. I aimed for extruded cut to do so. When I sketch and press extrude, the extruded cutting option remains inactive. It could not be selected. I would be very thankful if anyone helps me out with this.menisci.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You need solid or geometry before you can make a cut. Facet geometry is neither solid or surface.  You'll need to uise something like the Reverse Engineering Extension to make solid or surface geometry out of your scan data first.

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi,

Facet geometry is special kind of geometry, you cannot combine this geometry with standard Creo features.

I am not sure what to do ... maybe you can save your part as shrinkwrap and apply your modification in this new part.

Martin Hanák

Thank you

You need solid or geometry before you can make a cut. Facet geometry is neither solid or surface.  You'll need to uise something like the Reverse Engineering Extension to make solid or surface geometry out of your scan data first.

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn
mechanical
6-Contributor
(To:dgschaefer)

Thank you for your reply. I did it using geomagic studio 12. I simply removed the things which were not required in the point cloud data that I obtained from 3d scanning.
Top Tags