cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Truncate dimension in a drawing

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

Truncate dimension in a drawing

In a similar thread, there was a way to truncate the output of a parameter used as a dimension in a drawing (See thread: http://communities.ptc.com/message/191893#191893 ).

What I am looking for is to truncate a dimension giving in a note by using the &d121 value where d121 is the dimension of the hole, depth or whatever.

I tried &d121[.2] and that didn't work like it did for parameters like &holedepth[.2].

Thanks, Dale

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Dale

I didn't know till lately you can select your note then select the dimension in the note and it will take you to the dimension properties dialog box. Works like a charm in WF5

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Dale,

did you try to truncate dimension value in Properties dialog box ?

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:MartinHanak)

This dimension is one that I was putting in a note instead of using a "dimension". In a previous question, I was asking about putting a jog in a radial or diametral dimension and the person suggestion putting it in a note. It was good except I wanted to change the number after the decimal for the c'bore depth.

i.e.

Dia &d121 CLEARANCE

FOR 3/8-16UNC

Dia &d122 (counterbore symbol) {7:&d120}[.2] x

Dale

I didn't know till lately you can select your note then select the dimension in the note and it will take you to the dimension properties dialog box. Works like a charm in WF5

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:SteveFowler)

That is what I was looking for. Thanks,

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:Dale_Rosema)

Thanks again. So glad I can use the search box to relearn things.

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:Dale_Rosema)

Just found out you can edit the properties in the model and it will also update the note in the drawing.

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags