cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Unable to edit sketch of main feature - all of the sudden

GO_10898978
5-Regular Member

Unable to edit sketch of main feature - all of the sudden

So I searched for this issue:

- Unable to edit sketch of the main feature

and found articles pointing to disabling the web browser - and browser tabs. This didn't work. So what is strange is that I edited this same sketch a few hours ago, There are external references to a part within an assembly - but this never stopped me from editing the base sketch. I regenerated - tried removing as many external references from the part - except the base feature which I cannot edit. I tried editing the part/base feature sketch in the context of the assembly - it doesn't work.

What happens is I selected sketch and edit - the screen sort of zooms and then nothing.

This isn't due to this article:

Article - CS352473 - Unable to modify dimension with a Double click in Sketcher when using Chromium as embedded browser in Creo Parametric (ptc.com)

Even though I did turn off browser + tabs.

Using CREO parametric 10.0.4.0

I saved files - exited and re-entered CREO - still doesn't work. I edited Config.pro to remove web - still doesn't work. Any thoughts would be appreciated. I can recreate this part since it is simple - but what happens if this were a more complex part that is legacy. How do I recover?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:GO_10898978)

That issue shouldn't be in creo 10. I would suggest opening a tech support ticket with them.

If you need help from the community then  can you share the file here on the community? (zip it to attach it to a reply)

Is the feature the first feature in the model tree? (no datums or coordinate systems before it)

Specifically with respect to the article, you changed the recommended config setting and then restarted creo?

• Disable Resource Center Browser and / or other Creo embedded browser tabs:
    • by setting the hidden config option enable_resource_browser_tab to no
    • see article CS187038 for the other tabs and more information
  • OR set config option windows_browser_type to ie_browser
    • not an option starting with Creo Parametric 9.0, see article CS356984
  • OR set config option web_browser_homepage to about:blank (or other webpage)
GO_10898978
5-Regular Member
(To:StephenW)

So I sort of figured this out - though still do not know why this was happening.

I went back before feature and added another feature. After doing this - the "locked" feature/sketch could then edited. The dims were somewhat messed up - but this allowed to salvage a few features.

kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:GO_10898978)

Sounds like there were missing external references because the original assembly model they were created in was missing or changed.  The added feature provided something to reference, allowing it to be edited.  I would have expected some warnings in a pop-up window (these could be disabled in the config) or in the message window.

There is always more to learn in Creo.
GO_10898978
5-Regular Member
(To:kdirth)

So yeah - I had the top level open at the time - I even edited within the context of the assembly - still didn't work. This is the first time encountering this issue - and I always use external references to design within context of top level. I will break them later date for final release. Well there is a solution role back to Datums - create a first feature and close. Worked for me this time.

Yeah - weird no warnings - nothing.

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags