cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Unfold Part that has Offset Lip

mmaenpaa
10-Marble

Unfold Part that has Offset Lip

Is this a known issue?

When using Unfold Part, the Offset Lip does not unfold.

See attached pictures.

Mike

Offset_1.pngOffset_2.png

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
8 REPLIES 8
RaphMORIN
13-Aquamarine
(To:mmaenpaa)

How did you model this offset lip ? Usually when I design something like this it unfolds.

Hi Raphaël,

I didn't do anything fancy, this was just a test part I made after a co-worker with a more complex part pointed out the problem.

It's just a flat face, then I added a lip, then used the Offset tool.

Mike

Creo Direct Elements 18.1

I didn't see a way to upload a file here, so I posted it at Unfold Part that has Offset Lip - CoCreate User Forum

Mike

RaphMORIN
13-Aquamarine
(To:mmaenpaa)

Oups, I didn't see you are working on Creo direct, I thought it was on Creo Parametric. Sorry can't help you.

Yes, it's a bit difficult to find.

Like so much in this forum

You have to use the advanced editor for the attachment of a file.

I have the German setting, but the buttons would be at the same place

Anhaengen.jpg

(Please write info in your Signature) Sysinfo: I use Creo Elements Direct /Drafting, /Modeling and /Modeling Express 8.0 ( formerly CoCreate- SolidDesigner and Drafting or ME10 )

Thanks FriedhelmK.

I looked in the advanced editor originally but didn't see that it was in the bottom right in a faded font color.

It should be with all of the other editor tools.

Have you had a problem like I had with Unfold Part?

Mike

Offsets cannot be unfolded.  I am not sure about previous versions, but V19 actually will generate an error message "Offsets can not be unfolded."

offsets.JPG

Creo Element\Direct Modeling 20.6.0.0.0

Thanks for checking Tom.

V18.1 doesn't give the error message.

It works when using Unfold 2D and sending to a workplane or to Drafting, wonder why it wouldn't be able to do it with Unfold Part.

Mike

Top Tags