cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

Unit Driven Parameters

dgschaefer
21-Topaz II

Unit Driven Parameters

WF4, M190 (yeah, I know)

I know you can assign units to a parameter, but they aren't doing what I had expected (hoped?) they would.

Is there a way to assign a parameter units so that it will update properly no matter what the parts units? For example, say my part is in mm and I want the volume in inches.  Can I create a parameter called VOLUME_IN and assign it the unit INCHES and then create a relation VOLUME_IN = MP_VOLUME(") and it would always report the volume in inches even if the part units were changed to centimeters or inched or yards or whatever?

I had hoped that was the purpose of giving a parameter a unit, alas it doesn't seem to work or I don't understand the proper syntax.

Thanks,

--
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags