cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Unwanted Witness Line Breaks

wjamieson
4-Participant

Unwanted Witness Line Breaks

I am getting unwanted breaks on witness lines in Creo's drawing mode.  Not sure why they are occurring. I've tried clearing all breaks but that doesn't appear to work.   I made the dimension value an "F" by selecting "Display Tolerance Value Only" in my settings and by selecting "Tolerance Mode: Nominal".  This issue seems to only affect horizontal dimensions.  Please see attached screen clips for my detailed settings.  Can somebody explain how to fix this? Is there a better way to change a dimension to a letter?

FYI, I am using Creo 2.0.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I haven't seen the break issue, but as for displaying a (created) dimension as a letter instead of its value: replace the default @D (Dimension value) with @O (Off).  Although your 'tolerance value only' approach works, too...

A slightly more parametric way (depending on what you're doing) is to change the name of the original (shown / model) dimension from e.g. d123 to F, and then replace @D with @S (Symbol).  You can then use and show values of F in a family table.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

I haven't seen the break issue, but as for displaying a (created) dimension as a letter instead of its value: replace the default @D (Dimension value) with @O (Off).  Although your 'tolerance value only' approach works, too...

A slightly more parametric way (depending on what you're doing) is to change the name of the original (shown / model) dimension from e.g. d123 to F, and then replace @D with @S (Symbol).  You can then use and show values of F in a family table.

@O worked right away.  Thanks for your guidance!

mbonka
15-Moonstone
(To:wjamieson)

But be careful with using @O function in drawings. It is overwrite just in drawing!!!

Example:

- 3D model graphics area dimmension D135 = 500mm.

- Drawing space shows D135 and you will overwrite it to 650mm.

- you change dimmension in graphics are (3D model to 700)

- drawing keeps this dimmension overwrited 500mm.

As a result there is 150mm difference between 3D model and its drawing ---> @O fnction in drawings is very dangerous function ---> it´s so easy to forgott about some overwrited dimmension.

Regards

Milan

Agreed - I would say that using @O to replace a dimension with a different value is bad practice.

Normally I would use it to replace a dimension with a label, or a note, or similar - as is this application here.

Oh, and @O for "Overwrite" possibly makes as much sense as "Off"!

Top Tags