cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Update part with drawing

ptc-5346227
1-Newbie

Update part with drawing

In Proe WF5, I have drawn a part model and a drawing for the same.

I took a back up and renamed both.

But when i open the drawing it is asking for the part with the old name.

What should i do?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

You should learn the ackward method that Pro|E manages parent/child relations and how stored memory is critical to successful actions.

In your case, you can only do this one way. Although the interface is updated, and a few options are added, knowing the basics is relevant:

To rename a drawing an model (in the case you want a copy of both).

First copy the drawing and part file to a temporary folder

Make this temporary folder the active folder.

Erase all files in memory.

Open the drawing file

Open the part file

Rename the part file, all versions on disk (it will only rename the one that is in the temp folder)

Rename the drawing file

Now save both and close the files.

Use the Windows file manager to move the files where they belong.

Erase all files in memory.

Change the working folder back to where you were.

I am not familiar enough with WF5 to know what updates have been made. Today there is a more dynamic UI and a config setting that allows drawings to be copied. Regardless, I highly recommend understanding the basics first. I still cannot grasp the new UI and I still fall back to the old way of doing things.

Other forum members will shime in here to clarify the other options.

Top Tags